The New, New Crew's Quiz

Comments

• And more sayings from obscure US "entertainment" FFS :rage:
  • So we need another little linky-link
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    The Guessometer was right on the money with the 'Murcan TV this time. :)
  • Love the children dearly, but slapping the beloved parent on the back just as I click the mouse, thereby causing me to get a wrong answer, is straining the parental patience :grimace:
    I'm glad to report that the Guessometer knows more about Power Puff Girls than I do, which wouldn't be hard. :smiley:
    Four questions about films and I got them all right!

<passes large dram to the Guessometer>
  • Fe*%^@g eejit that I am, changed a right to a wrong :rage:
    Clever Guessometer! :smiley:
  • Results for May 2018

26 players played during the month.

1. leorningcniht (385 points, 14 wins)
    2. ceesharp (351 points, 2 wins)
    3. wet_kipper (348 points, 6 wins)
    4. Anna_Baptist (323 points, 3 wins)
    5. Jonah_the_Whale (320 points, 2 wins)
    6. TheRogue (252 points, 1 wins)
    7. TreeBee (233 points, 0 wins)
    8. SidneyRip (206 points, 0 wins)
    9. jedijudy (195 points, 0 wins)
    10. Gussie (187 points, 0 wins)
    I noticed last night that I was 11th in the monthly standings - and my performance in yesterday's quiz didn't improve that situation. Neither did today's.

C minus, Piglet - must try harder ... :warning:
  • Wet Kipper is off to a speedy start this month.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Glad the Guessometer is more clever than I!
  • Only 2 Bible trivia wrong - Result! Spot which child spent the OT lessons at Matins and Evensong playing anagrams... :blush:
    10/10 in 47 seconds - I'll take that! Only 19 seconds behind Anna Baptist - if she went any faster she'd get a speeding ticket ... :smiley:
  • Wet Kipper is off to a speedy start this month.

it would help if I remembered to play at weekends
    Well, you learn something new every day. Today's Thing was what Indy 500 drivers drink to celebrate being able to go round in circles faster than anyone else.
    I love it when I've changed a wrong to another wrong, and then the Guessometer gives me a little nudge, and I change it to a right.
  • Yet another entirely US-centric question :rage:
  • more than just one - though there was at least one decidedly UK centric question which I think some of the US people might struggle with
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Several UK questions today. When its harder I'm slower, but at least I click the right buttons!
    How the hell am I supposed to know who the mayor of somewhere in America was thirty years ago???
  • Wet KipperWet Kipper Shipmate
    edited June 2018
    not sure, but (unlike me)
    you're supposed to read the question , notice the date and place, and realise which famous mayor it is NOT
    In spite of the Mighty Guessometer not giving me all the correct answers, it is only with his help that I only missed two!!! :astonished:
    As Mummy Piglet used to say as I was leaving the house to sit my exams, "make sure to read the questions, dear". If I'd read the last question a bit more carefully I'd have probably got it right. :confounded:
    If I carry on like this (getting 10/10 on a Sunday) you'll all begin to think that I paid more attention in Sunday School than I actually did ... :naughty:
  • You and me both, Piglet :grin:
  • Hurrah! For however brief a period I'm top-of-the-heap. All it required was the suspension of common sense :wink:
  • *!~* Over-moused and missed a question :anguished:
    You wouldn't be the first to do that, and I'm sure you won't be the last.
  • It's why I've given up. I can't go as fast on the tablet or laptop as I used to be able to on a desktop, and trying I just miss questions.
    I've been using a Tablet recently because our superannuated desktop is prone to hissy fits, but I really can't get any decent speed up - and getting wrong answers doesn't help ... :blush:
    Sometimes the answer to that question is "love", sometimes it's "faith", and the chances are I'll get it wrong. Again. :disappointed:
  • Fillums again :cry:
    Either my memory or (more likely) the Guessometer is improving - I managed a full house after changing one answer at least twice ...
  • Ooo err! The old alter ego is top of the pile; no doubt this position won't last long but :grin:
    O joy - we're back to pocket-lint questions ... :neutral:
    Grrrrr! If I click, "he doubted", the right answer is "he looked down" and vice versa.

:rage:
  • Novelty songs! Not just any, but US novelty songs released 60 years ago :rage:
    Well done, little Guessometer!
    Too right, JJ! <passes over large dram>
    Not so much today. Of course, if I would just read all the answers, that would help, wouldn't it?
  • More 'murican specific questions - oh, and it would help if I read properly the answer on offer :open_mouth:
    I am so very please with myself! Tied time-wise with the nimble fingers and mind of Wet Kipper! :D
    I never get Nebuchadnezzar right ... :(
  • You and me both Piglet - the only thing I can ever remember about him is that "his" bottle holds 20 standard bottles :grin:
  • Quirky guessometer machine let me change a right to a wrong.
    It's not often you get into second place with 9/10 and a time of 86 seconds. :neutral:
  • Bible trivia - back to my usual place bottom of the heap :grin:
    Fil-lums!!! :rage:
  • Dang it- - I thought I had a 10 cooking. Slow, but mighty, LOL