Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: The Nativity, Bethlehem

imageShip of Fools: The Nativity, Bethlehem

Hopes and fears, heavenly choirs, and – lobsters? Enough to knock your socks off!

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Thanks Mystery Worshipper even if it has left us a bit teary.
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited December 2020
    Brilliant! The best MW Report ever?

Left me a bit leaky-eyed, too...

And is it true? For, if it is...
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Lovely!
  • Golden KeyGolden Key Shipmate, Glory
    Wonderfully done! Nice attention to Mary's labor, etc.. Poor thing! Childbirth can be difficult in any circumstances. But birthing God? In a stable? With strange men hanging around? And that smell of sheep! They did, at least, jump in to help with "some post-childbirth cleaning up". Learned from helping their wives? Or, more likely, their sheep? And angels kicking up a lot of noise and fuss. Meeting Gabriel F2F alone was one thing, but a multitude is a whole 'nuther "Oprah".
  • The "shepherd" is one of our more prolific Mystery Worshippers. However, he filed the report under a name he didn't ordinarily use, and the new software requires that the Mystery Worshipper stick with a single name. Should he wish to come forward (and I hope he does), I will change "Mystery Worshipper" to the name he customarily uses.

I thought the report was very tender and very moving -- a fine tribute to the reporter's faith. You will note, however, the bit of "salt" he sprinkles into the report, which is what we like to see. I thought the reference to washing socks and the pot of lobsters especially clever.