This conversation is hilarious - mostly because I recognise so much of it. I wonder how many people here have religion as a special interest in a manner at least reminiscent of the autist?
It would be quicker to list those who don't, I feel.
This conversation is hilarious - mostly because I recognise so much of it. I wonder how many people here have religion as a special interest in a manner at least reminiscent of the autist?
It would be quicker to list those who don't, I feel.
I was on a coach tour a few years ago, and overheard a couple of older ladies complaining - we were at Stonehenge, and they didn't understand how archaeologists could work out what the landscape had been like so long ago, so they were dismissing it as rubbish. I had to restrain myself quite hard from going up to them and saying: "Do you really want to know about the archaeology, or do you just want to complain?"
This is the horseshit that fertilises conspiracy theories and science denial. An utter cluelessness about the rigor science actually involves and absolutely no conception of just how much work is involved in actually becoming and being a scientist.
I can get quite angry about it sometimes. It's an absolute insult to scientists.
Comments
It would be quicker to list those who don't, I feel.
I don't. I just need it to feed my hobby.
This is the horseshit that fertilises conspiracy theories and science denial. An utter cluelessness about the rigor science actually involves and absolutely no conception of just how much work is involved in actually becoming and being a scientist.
I can get quite angry about it sometimes. It's an absolute insult to scientists.