Has any shipmate any idea why the USAF B-2 bombers at RAF Fairford hightailed it back to the USA?
To dangerous here now for the mighty US Air Force?
The best I've seen to explain the withdrawal is a photo of a white rabbit.
Sorry. I'm not clear what the white rabbit symbolizes there. I guess it could plausibly be logic and proportion fallen sloppy dead, but I'm thinking more probably something akin to the white flag of surrender?
Has any shipmate any idea why the USAF B-2 bombers at RAF Fairford hightailed it back to the USA?
To dangerous here now for the mighty US Air Force?
The best I've seen to explain the withdrawal is a photo of a white rabbit.
Sorry. I'm not clear what the white rabbit symbolizes there. I guess it could plausibly be logic and proportion fallen sloppy dead, but I'm thinking more probably something akin to the white flag of surrender?
Has any shipmate any idea why the USAF B-2 bombers at RAF Fairford hightailed it back to the USA?
To dangerous here now for the mighty US Air Force?
The best I've seen to explain the withdrawal is a photo of a white rabbit.
Sorry. I'm not clear what the white rabbit symbolizes there. I guess it could plausibly be logic and proportion fallen sloppy dead, but I'm thinking more probably something akin to the white flag of surrender?
I was thinking more of Ship time. Even 10 years ago a Monty Python allusion would be recognised by the vast majority of people here. Or, maybe it was just that those who didn't recognise it filed the reference under "strange stuff I don't understand. Like 'thurifer'".
I was thinking more of Ship time. Even 10 years ago a Monty Python allusion would be recognised by the vast majority of people here. Or, maybe it was just that those who didn't recognise it filed the reference under "strange stuff I don't understand. Like 'thurifer'".
I think it’s more that “white rabbit” has lots of cultural references. I can pretty much recite the dialogue of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and I didn’t make the association. My mind went to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, to Jefferson Airplane, and to a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
Now, if you’d said “a photo of a foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent” or “a photo of a harmless little bunny,” . . . .
I was thinking more of Ship time. Even 10 years ago a Monty Python allusion would be recognised by the vast majority of people here. Or, maybe it was just that those who didn't recognise it filed the reference under "strange stuff I don't understand. Like 'thurifer'".
I think it’s more that “white rabbit” has lots of cultural references. I can pretty much recite the dialogue of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and I didn’t make the association. My mind went to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, to Jefferson Airplane, and to a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
Now, if you’d said “a photo of a foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent” or “a photo of a harmless little bunny,” . . . .
I think I've always heard that scene referred to as "the killer rabbit". Plus, like you, "white rabbit" puts me in mind of Wonderland or Jefferson Airplane.
I'm pretty sure I get most of the Python allusions here. Made one myself a coupla weeks back.
"The Orange Plague" - a satirical 8.5-foot-tall, 23-karat gold-plated statue of a naked donald trump was unveiled at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France, as an artistic protest against his policies.
Which, in this case, is presumably hidden behind the figure upon which Trump is sitting...
Noted. Didn't pick that up the first time I clicked.
That's actually better than the other one, because at least it makes a political statement(Trump rides on the back of the downtrodden), rather than just a dick joke.
Which, in this case, is presumably hidden behind the figure upon which Trump is sitting...
Noted. Didn't pick that up the first time I clicked.
That's actually better than the other one, because at least it makes a political statement(Trump rides on the back of the downtrodden), rather than just a dick joke.
Yes, I think you're right.
As to retaliation by the mad emperor, I note that the artist is a Dane. Greenland had better be prepared for a US invasion, recent deal notwithstanding.
Comments
Sorry. I'm not clear what the white rabbit symbolizes there. I guess it could plausibly be logic and proportion fallen sloppy dead, but I'm thinking more probably something akin to the white flag of surrender?
Think Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Ahh, the killer rabbit. Thanks.
The passage of nearly 60 years, I guess.
Now, if you’d said “a photo of a foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent” or “a photo of a harmless little bunny,” . . . .
I think I've always heard that scene referred to as "the killer rabbit". Plus, like you, "white rabbit" puts me in mind of Wonderland or Jefferson Airplane.
I'm pretty sure I get most of the Python allusions here. Made one myself a coupla weeks back.
Oh dear - what will trump do in retaliation?
Despite living with @Sandemaniac and being a Python fan, my first thought was Alice too (and falling down rabbitholes or through looking glasses).
I'd love to know the proportion assigned to a certain anatomical part. Or maybe I wouldn't after all.
Also artistically unoriginal. Some American artist did a similar piece early in Trump 45, emphasizing his supposedly small manhood.
Noted. Didn't pick that up the first time I clicked.
That's actually better than the other one, because at least it makes a political statement(Trump rides on the back of the downtrodden), rather than just a dick joke.
Yes, I think you're right.
As to retaliation by the mad emperor, I note that the artist is a Dane. Greenland had better be prepared for a US invasion, recent deal notwithstanding.